There’s a selection of Apps available for Photographers on the Android platform and these Five are the ones I recommend. If I’ve missed one that you like, let us know.
- Sun Surveyor Lite This is handy for the 3D Compass and the Virtual Time Machine allows you to fast forward and see the Sun’s path before you go off to shoot.
- Tide Prediction Some spots I like to Photograph are better on different tides, plus it’s kind of handy if you don’t mind a spot of fishing to.
- WeatherZone This is a handy little app for Australian users(there’d be similar in other Countries) and has the Live Tracking Radar Map which is handy if chasing Storms away from your home.
- Lunafaqt With this you’ll never miss catching a Full Moon rising. Flip side? You can use this to try and work out the best times to go out and shoot Star Trails knowing when the Moon’s almost New.
- Google Sky Maps Not really needed but is educational whilst out shooting the Night Skies.Could also make you sound a little smarter when you can name more than the commonly known stars on the Photos you take.
All of these Android Apps are free and there’s the option of upgrading Sun Surveyor and WeatherZone to a paid app. One day I might take a closer look at the paid versions.